This is a 2-year program, will introduce students to the technologies that handle information and enable communication. A key feature is the incorporation of industry certification courses as part of the curriculum. Students are provided with both a strong theoretical foundation as well as industry relevant skills in the various technologies related to ICT.
The learning outcomes of this program are:
- Providing students will skills and knowledge of IT systems
- Creating appropriate and professional information technology scenarios
Total Program Required Credits: 60 Credits
- Core Courses Credits (18 Credits)
- Elective courses Credits (24 Credits)
- General Education Credits (18 Credits)
The associate degree programs are designed for those students seeking a two-year rather than four-year degree.
Associate programs stand alone and can be a final degree but may also be the foundation for further study at the bachelor’s level. The associate degree programs at AVU are meant to be taken in four semesters and consist of 60 credit hours.
- ITCP 101 - Introduction to Architecture of Computer Systems | 3 credits
- ITCP 121 - Introduction to Programming of Object Oriented Notions Using Java | 3 credits
- ITCP 201 - Programming and Object Oriented Concepts Using Java 2 | 3 credits
- ITCP 212 - Modern System Design Foundations | 3 credits
- ITCP 230 - System Modelling in Object Oriented Design and Analysis | 3 credits
- ITCP 243 - Computer Communication - Data Communications | 3 credits
- COSC 111 - Introduction to Programming | 3 credits
- COSC 122 - Computer Programming II | 3 credits
- COSC 212 - Machine Architecture | 3 credits
- COSC 222 - Introduction to Discrete Structures | 3 credits
- ITCP 264 - Multimedia Web Development | 3 credits
- ITCP 249 - Data Structures and Algorithms | 3 credits
- ITCP 394 - Client Server Systems | 3 credits
- ITCP 314 - Introduction to mobile development | 3 credits
- ITCP 381 - Information Security Management | 3 credits
- ITCP 355 - Operating Systems | 3 credits
- ENG 101 - English Composition I | 3 credits
- POLI 100 - Introduction to International Politics | 3 credits
- COMP 101 - Introduction to Computer Science | 3 credits
- COMM 106 - Interpersonal Communication | 3 credits
- PSY 106 - Introduction to Psychology | 3 credits
- Math 206 - Introduction to Mathematical Logic | 3 credits
For admission to associate/certificate programs, official documentation must be provided showing that the applicant:
- Is at least 18 years old, or
- has a high school diploma, or
- has a General Educational Development (GED) diploma.
- International Students: In addition to the above requirements, international students have to demonstrate knowledge of the English Language (reading and writing).
Students under the age of 18 who will not have a high school diploma or GED before the start of their first semester are not admissible but may take courses as a non-degree student. Upon turning 18 they may apply for admission to an associate or certificate program.
Transfer students are eligible for admission if they left their previous accredited institution(s) in good standing. Admission status will be determined on an individual basis if a student attended an unaccredited/nonregionally accredited postsecondary institution. Students transferring with fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable credit must submit placement scores from the ACT Plus Writing (preferred), SAT or ACCUPLACER test for placement in English or composition courses, and the ALEKS test for placement into math courses. Test results must be less than two years old for English placement and less than one year old for math placement.
* AVU reserves the right to accept students on a conditional basis if one or more of the above mentioned requirements are not met upon admission. However, any deficiencies must be remedied within four months from the program start date.
American Vision University was founded with a vision of making exceptional quality education affordable and convenient for students who are juggling career/family obligations. We abide by that vision strongly even today and this is the sole reason why we are able to offer unmatched value of education at an extremely affordable fee that stays the same
Tuition Fees: Associate tuition fee per credit: $200.00 USD 60 credits are required to complete the program Total tuition fees: $12,000 USD (2 years)
Full Tuition Payment: The student has the option to pay for the degree program in a single payment by the date of registration. If this is not possible, a financial plan is available.
Term-by-Term Payment Plan: This option offer students a way to make four equal payments over the course of the semester. The first payment will be taken at the time of enrollment. The three remaining payments are automatically withdrawn from the students account in equal installments over the course of the semester and are scheduled by/with the Enrollment Advisor. This plan offers for students to finance their education while earning their degree. By avoiding college student loans, students can ideally graduate with zero debt.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- We also accept cash payment upfront and in full for your registered courses
- We accept bank wire transfers. Wire fees may apply, please check with your bank. Student Accounts Department can provide the SWIFT details.