This course will introduce students to the design, implement and understand computer programs. There are many topics that will be covered in this course. Some of the topics include designing algorithms, problem solving, data and procedural abstraction. There will also be an emphasis on developing working programs.
The learning outcomes of this course are:
- Understanding the computer programing terms
- Designing and developing basic problem solving strategies for programming
- Identifying and using data types
- Using algorithms to manipulate data
- Using arrays to process and store data
- Learning and using a set of predefined Java programming
Text book: Y. Daniel Liang, Intro to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version (10th Edition), ISBN: 0133761312, 2014.