This course will help students learn about advanced programming and how to apply that to software engineering techniques. They will design and implement manipulation of programs that have complex date structures.
The learning outcomes of this course are:
- Working with object and procedural oriented parts of the Java language
- Developing important techniques for designing, developing and documenting programs that are structured properly
- Continuing to apply problem solving skills
- Using proper software engineering principles
- Learning the foundations for advanced programming
- Implementing basic common programming data structures
Text book: Chase, J, Lewis, J, and DePasquale, P. Java Foundations: Introduction to Program Design & Data Structures . 3rd edition. Pearson (Addison-Wesley), 2014.
Type: Textbook, ISBN-978-0-13-337046-1