This course introduces the fundamental computer programming and the basic object oriented programming concepts using Java. Some topics include, the primary concepts in the object-oriented programming approach, programs using the control structures of fundamental structured programming, writing a simple Java class for an object-oriented application An elementary understanding of computing and the use of computers are required.
The learning outcomes of this course are:
- Explaining the concepts in object-oriented programming
- Outlining the control structures of structures programming
- Citing the Java documentation
- Using Java-supplied classes
- Writing programs using the object-oriented programming approach
Textbook: Introduction to Programming Using Java David J. Eck Hobart and William Smith Colleges Version 6.0, June 2011 (Version 6.0.3, with minor corrections, January 2014)