This course will introduce students to architecture of modern computer systems. It introduces the three major components of a computer system, consisting of the processor, memory and input-output control. It will describe the main functions of each component and how they interact with each other.
The learning outcomes of this course are:
- Analyzing different computer data representations
- Using different types of number systems
- Describing the architecture of a microprocessor computer system
- Describing characteristics of various types of memory
- Explaining how the computer software interacts with hardware
Textbook: William Stallings: Computer Organization and Architecture Designing for Performance 9th edition Pearson ISBN-13: 9780273769194