The program is designed to prepare you for success in all aspects of business. After successful completion of this program you will be prepared for employment in the nonprofit, commercial and public sectors of the global economy. This degree will give you a broad knowledge and understanding of all of the functional aspects of business and companies.
You will learn about the interconnection between business and the economy, accounting, management, statistics, labor relations and entrepreneurship. As a student of this program you will be introduced to a wide range of managerial capabilities. You will learn about the importance of critical thinking and communication, ethical and legal behavior as well as problem-solving skills. Graduates of this program are prepared for careers in global business management, entrepreneurship, new and emerging markets.
This program will expose students to general and specialized content through core courses and electives. Graduates of this program will also obtain skills, attributes and knowledge needed to manage themselves and business relationships. They will also gain a global perspective on business. Critical thinking skills such as analyzing, evaluating and applying information from a plethora or sources to form recommendations. Professional integrity is another learning objective of this program. Students will learn how to set high ethical and legal standards for their actions.
Total Program Required Credits: 120 Credits
- Core Courses Credits (30 Credits)
- Elective courses Credits (60 Credits)
- General Education Credits (30 Credits)
- BUSA 101 - Introduction to Business in Society | 3 credits
- BUSA 110 - Principles of Accounting | 3 credits
- BUSA 115 - Introduction to Marketing Strategy | 3 credits
- BUSA 215 - Managerial Accounting | 3 credits
- BUSA 232 - Organizational Behavior | 3 credits
- BUSA 320 - Business Law | 3 credits
- BUSA 350 - Human Resource Management | 3 credits
- BUSA 410 - Financial Management | 3 credits
- Stats 231 - Statistics for Business | 3 credits
- BUSA 499 - Project Management | 3 credits
- ECON 101 - Introduction to Microeconomics | 3 credits
- ECON 102 - Introduction to Macroeconomics | 3 credits
- BUSI 122 - Supply Chain Management | 3 credits
- COMP 124 - Information Systems Analysis and Design | 3 credits
- BUSI 243 - Customer Relationship Management | 3 credits
- BUSI 237 - International Business | 3 credits
- ACC 211 - Managerial Accounting | 3 credits
- BEHA 210 - Organizational Behavior | 3 credits
- BUSI 231 - Business Law | 3 credits
- BUSI 274 - Human Resource Management | 3 credits
- BUSI 209 - Financial Management | 3 credits
- BUSI 207 - Project Management | 3 credits
- BUSI 277 - Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior | 3 credits
- BUSI 233 - Businesses and Leaders | 3 credits
- BUSI 234 - Business Thought and Action | 3 credits
- BUSI 273 - Commercial Law | 3 credits
- BUSI 241 - Employment Law | 3 credits
- BUSI 245 - Business Research Methodology | 3 credits
- ECON 246 - Managerial Economics | 3 credits
- ECON 311 - Economics and Business Statistics | 3 credits
- BUSI 315 - Government and Business | 3 credits
- BUSI 327 - Procurement Management | 3 credits
- BUSI 329 - Small Business Management | 3 credits
- BUSI 331 - Negotiation and Conflict Resolution | 3 credits
- BUSI 332 - Business Project Management 1 | 3 credits
- BUSI 334 - Business Project Management 2 | 3 credits
- BUSI 336 - E-Commerce | 3 credits
- BUSI 341 - Information Technology Management for Business | 3 credits
- BUSI 343 - information Security Management for Business | 3 credits
- BUSI 345 - Global Economics | 3 credits
- BUSI 367 - Management Skills | 3 credits
- BUSI 378 - New Venture Design | 3 credits
- BUSI 388 - Business Psychology | 3 credits
- BUSI 390 - Global Professional Practices | 3 credits
- BUSI 391 - Operations and Technology Management | 3 credits
- BUSI 395 - Corporate Responsibility | 3 credits
- BUSI 437 - Special Topics in Business Administration | 3 credits
- BUSI 476 - Business Regulations and Practices | 3 credits
- BUSI 486 - Advanced Discussion of Global Business | 3 credits
- BUSI 478 - The Anthropology of Business | 3 credits
- BUSI 489 - Decision Analysis | 3 credits
- ENG 101 - English Composition I | 3 credits
- ENG 110 - English Composition II | 3 credits
- PSY 106 - Introduction to Psychology | 3 credits
- Math 206 - College Algebra | 3 credits
- COMP 101 - Introduction to Computer Science | 3 credits
- COMP 202 - Management Information Systems | 3 credits
- COMM 106 - Interpersonal Communication | 3 credits
- PHIL 102 - Critical Thinking | 3 credits
- PHIL 201 - Professional Ethics | 3 credits
- POLI 100 - Introduction to International Politics | 3 credits
Applications are processed on a rolling basis and applicants are usually informed of the admissions decision within a few weeks of the time the completed application is received.
Candidates for admission should request an application from the Office of Admissions or complete the online application. Admissions counselors are available to answer questions and offer assistance to prospective students. We welcome all students regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or disability.
Admissions decisions are based on the following criteria:
A completed application will include:
- An official high school transcript
- Teacher or counselor recommendation
- A 250-word, untimed essay
- Students who have not completed four years of high school should have an official GED record forwarded to the Admissions Office
We recognize the special needs of transfer students and welcomes applications from students who are considering transferring to our school. Students are admitted from other accredited junior and senior colleges and universities, provided that they are in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of transfer. Courses assigned a grade of C or better will be reviewed for transfer credit, however transfer credit is evaluated individually by the dean of each division. High school records and college transcripts sent to the Admissions Office must be official and complete.
International students are a valued part of our student body. International students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit the results of their TOEFL examination or to take AVU English Language assessment test in addition to the above requirements.
* AVU reserves the right to accept students on a conditional basis if one or more of the above mentioned requirements are not met upon admission. However, any deficiencies must be remedied within four months from the program start date.
American Vision University was founded with a vision of making exceptional quality education affordable and convenient for students who are juggling career/family obligations. We abide by that vision strongly even today and this is the sole reason why we are able to offer unmatched value of education at an extremely affordable fee that stays the same
Tuition Fees: Associate tuition fee per credit: $200.00 USD 120 credits are required to complete the program Total tuition fees: $24,000 USD (4 years)
Full Tuition Payment: The student has the option to pay for the degree program in a single payment by the date of registration. If this is not possible, a financial plan is available.
Term-by-Term Payment Plan: This option offer students a way to make four equal payments over the course of the semester. The first payment will be taken at the time of enrollment. The three remaining payments are automatically withdrawn from the students account in equal installments over the course of the semester and are scheduled by/with the Enrollment Advisor. This plan offers for students to finance their education while earning their degree. By avoiding college student loans, students can ideally graduate with zero debt.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- We also accept cash payment upfront and in full for your registered courses
- We accept bank wire transfers. Wire fees may apply, please check with your bank. Student Accounts Department can provide the SWIFT details.[/tab_item]