This course is designed to provide a multicultural and multidisciplinary perspective on health and healing. The course gives students the opportunity to apply some conceptual tools of medical anthropology to examine the health status of various groups, while considering the role of medical pluralism in a culturally diverse nation state.
The learning outcomes of this course are:
- Understanding medical ecology
- Being introduced to Epidemiology, Nutrition, and Reproduction in Cross-cultural Perspective
- Discussing Stress, Health and Healing
- Understanding different Paradigms and Therapies
- Discussing Cultural Considerations of Health, Illness, and Healing
- Discussing Political Ecology: Global and Local Interactions