This Doctorate in Business Administration focuses on investigating practical business and managerial issues through understanding building, critique, and the methodical presentation of pertinent theories as well as research to management practice. It is intended for those who want to make a direct impact on their administrations, industry and communities by improving management practice. It is a research-based qualification.
The program objectives are:
- Expanding competencies in management research and practice
- Enhancing your professional credibility
- Deriving inherent satisfaction from higher level learning
- Conducting and evaluating management research successfully
- Developing scholarship in management practice
- Communicating research findings and outcomes
- Creating solutions to business and organizational problems to increase competitive advantages
Total Program Required Credits: 60 Credits
DBUS 801 - Theoretical Foundations of Organizational Research | 3 credits
DBUS 802 - Current Research in management | 3 credits
DBUS 803 - Management Research in Practice | 3 credits
DBUS 804 - Quantitative Research Methods 1 | 3 credits
DBUS 805 - Qualitative Research Methods 2 | 3 credits
DBUS 807 - Organizational Leadership: Doctoral Theory and Practice | 3 credits
DBUS 808 - Information Systems: Global Management Strategies and Technologies | 3 credits
DBUS 810 - Marketing: Strategic Innovation in Globally Diverse Markets | 3 credits
DBUS 812 - Finance: Fiscal Leadership in a Global Environment | 3 credits
DBUS 814 - Business Operations: Systems Perspectives in Global Organizations | 3 credits
DBUS 822 - Business Strategy and Innovation for Competitive Advantage | 3 credits
DBUS 825 - Qualitative and Case Study Research for Business Analysis | 3 credits
DBUS 834 - Managerial Accounting | 3 credits
DBUS 840 - Accounting-Based Performance Evaluation Systems | 3 credits
DBUS 844 - International Aspects of Managerial Accounting | 3 credits
DBUS 806 - Dissertation Proposal | 3 credits
DBUS 849 - Professional Development | 3 credits
DBUS 854 - Corporate Communications and PR | 3 credits
DBUS 886 - Human Resource Management | 3 credits
DBUS 890 - Entrepreneurship | 3 credits
Admissions decisions are based on the following criteria:
- Have a graduate degree in business, management or business administration from a regionally or an approved nationally accredited — or candidate for accreditation — college or university or equivalent graduate degree earned at a recognized foreign institution.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on graduate degree posted transcripts.
- Have a record of current or past employment in a supervisory or management position.
- Complete all required forms for admission and submit an official graduate degree posted transcript.
International students are a valued part of our student body. International students from non-English speaking countries are required to submit the results of their TOEFL examination or to take AVU English Language assessment test in addition to the above requirements.
* AVU reserves the right to accept students on a conditional basis if one or more of the above mentioned requirements are not met upon admission. However, any deficiencies must be remedied within four months from the program start date.
DBA tuition fee per credit: $450.00 USD
60 credits are required to complete the program
Total tuition fees: $27,000 USD (4 years)
Full Tuition Payment:
The student has the option to pay for the degree program in a single payment by the date of registration. If this is not possible, a financial plan is available.
Term-by-Term Payment Plan:
This option offer students a way to make four equal payments over the course of the semester. The first payment will be taken at the time of enrollment. The three remaining payments are automatically withdrawn from the students account in equal installments over the course of the semester and are scheduled by/with the Enrollment Advisor. This plan offers for students to finance their education while earning their degree. By avoiding college student loans, students can ideally graduate with zero debt.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- We also accept cash payment upfront and in full for your registered courses
- We accept bank wire transfers. Wire fees may apply, please check with your bank. Student Accounts Department can provide the SWIFT details.