The Master of Health Administration (MHA) offers students the opportunity to pursue personal and professional enhancement. The degree is focused on building management, administrative and policy capacity for the next generation of health sector leaders. The MHA degree prepares students for positions that require advanced management and strategic ability, policy knowledge and skills, and exceptional analytical and evaluation capacity. The key competency areas focus on the unique needs and complexities of a dynamic health care system.
The program objectives are:
- Developing the knowledge and skills base of professionals and managers in the health field
- Enabling them to contribute to improving the effectiveness of program and policy development, implementation and evaluation
- Effectively understanding how to deliver health services, and managerial and administrative performance
Total Program Required Credits: 36 Credits
- Core Courses Credits (18 Credits)
- Elective courses Credits (18 Credits)
- MHEA 601 - Management and Design of Healthcare Organizations | 3 credits
- MHEA 602 - Financial Accounting, Governance and Management Control in Healthcare | 3 credits
- MHEA 603 - Statistics for Health Administration | 3 credits
- MHEA 656 - Leadership Roles in Health | 3 credits
- MHEA 605 - Healthcare Law | 3 credits
- MHEA 606 - Healthcare Economics | 3 credits
- MHEA 611 - Health Information Systems | 3 credits
- MHEA 612 - Social Determinants of Health | 3 credits
- MHEA 622 - Ethics and Ethical Decision Making | 3 credits
- MHEA 628 - Developing Successful Project and Program Proposals | 3 credits
- MHEA 630 - Evidence-Based Practice in Health Care | 3 credits
- MHEA 635 - Dissemination Strategies | 3 credits
- MHEA 644 - Advanced Qualitative Methods for Health Research | 3 credits
- MHEA 636 - Philosophical Foundations of Health Systems | 3 credits
- MHEA 658 - Advanced Quantitative Methods for Health Research | 3 credits
- MHEA 667 - Understanding Organizations: Theory, Analysis and Application | 3 credits
- A copy of the applicant's Curriculum Vitae.
- Official Transcript showing the completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited college/university.
- The applicant’s prior college academic records must show a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0 on a scale of 4.0, “C” or higher.
- An applicant who has completed his Bachelor’s degree in a non-business related area (i.e., Engineering or Science) is required to meet AVU’s business foundational prerequisites by completing one additional course, Introduction to Business, with a grade of a B or higher.
- International Students: In addition to the above requirements, international students have to demonstrate knowledge of the English Language (reading and writing), by taking the ACT Compass exam or AVU English Language assessment test and receiving a score of at least 80%.
AVU reserves the right to accept students on a conditional basis if one or more of the above mentioned requirements are not met upon admission. However, any deficiencies must be remedied within four months from the program start date.
American Vision University was founded with a vision of making exceptional quality education affordable and convenient for students who are juggling career/family obligations. We abide by that vision strongly even today and this is the sole reason why we are able to offer unmatched value of education at an extremely affordable fee that stays the same
Tuition Fees: Master tuition fee per credit: $350.00 USD 36 credits are required to complete the program Total tuition fees: $12,600 USD (2 years)
Full Tuition Payment: The student has the option to pay for the degree program in a single payment by the date of registration. If this is not possible, a financial plan is available.
Term-by-Term Payment Plan: This option offer students a way to make four equal payments over the course of the semester. The first payment will be taken at the time of enrollment. The three remaining payments are automatically withdrawn from the students account in equal installments over the course of the semester and are scheduled by/with the Enrollment Advisor. This plan offers for students to finance their education while earning their degree. By avoiding college student loans, students can ideally graduate with zero debt.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
- We also accept cash payment upfront and in full for your registered courses
- We accept bank wire transfers. Wire fees may apply, please check with your bank. Student Accounts Department can provide the SWIFT details.